When using the Test UUTs with Software Distribution execution entry point, the "WATS_SoftwareModel.seq" file is executed (in behind) by default. This model handles software package download (WATS Software Module). It is recommended to make a copy, rename and move the WATS_SoftwareModel.seq file when customizing it, as the file is overwritten by a client upgrade. Follow the steps below:
- Open/copy the "WATS_SoftwareModel.seq" file from the <TestStand Public Directory>/Components/WATS_Models
- Rename and save the file to e.g. c:\my projects\my models\My_WATS_SoftwareModel.seq
- Customize the file and its functionality to fit your test and production flow (e.g. ask operator for information to narrow the package search or disable the dialog popup for full automation). Refer the the WATS TestStand add-on User Manual installed with the client locally
- Open the GeneralOptions.config file located at “C:\ProgramData\Virinco\WATS”.
- Change the SoftwareModelPath key as in the example below:
<add key="SoftwareModelPath" value="c:\my projects\my models\My_WATS_SoftwareModel.seq" />
- Save and close the "GeneralOptions.config" file. The settings in this file will not be overwritten when updating the WATS Client
- Next time you execute the Test UUTs with Software Distribution execution entry point, the "My_WATS_SoftwareModel.seq" file will be executed instead of the default model.