Basic client troubleshooting
1: Check the clock at the client (cannot be more than 5 minutes off from the server): Time Synchronization
2: If you use Proxy: Proxy settings
3: Get the wats.log from the client: WATS log file
4: If we need more detailed log, add logging level (LoggingLevel) and send the new wats.log file to support.
The underlying connection was closed
Configuration fails with message "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel".
- Network traffic blocked from site.
- Missing proxy server configuration.
- Try connecting to the service address using internet browser (IE or alike).
- Verify that logged in user can access internet.
- Verify proxy settings (Proxy settings).
Client configurator disappears when writing in input fields
Due to a bug in the .NET 3.5 framework in Windows 10, it might happen that the Client configurator crashes (just disappears) when you put the cursor in one of the input fields.
- Unsupported keyboard layout in Windows. Known examples are English-Finnish and English-Dutch.
- Add a supported keyboard layout, e.g. English-United States. Follow these steps:
- Open Language settings in Windows 10 and make sure English (United States) is installed:
- Then select it by clicking the language selector on the task bar:
- Now configure the WATS Client. You can go back to your preferred keyboard layout again.
Client hangs when you select Configure
Client configurator, Client monitor, Yield monitor, or Package manager opens as a transparent window that does not respond.
- Windows presentation font cache is corrupt
Converter failed to start
Converter did not start after being configured.
- WATS Client Service does not have folder permission to the input path.
- WATS Client Service was not restarted after configuration.
- Give NETWORK SERVICE write permission to the input path folder
- Make a change in a converter configuration and undo the change, click APPLY. When asked to restart the service, click Yes.
Converter class drop down list is empty
The converter class drop down list in the Client configurator is empty after adding a converter DLL.
- The DLL is blocked. Windows blocks files that it thinks are untrusted, which stops them from being executed.
- Open properties for the file and unblock it:
WATS Client Configurator 5.1 crashes on with no error in log
With WATS Client 5.1, the Configurator and the Yield Monitor crashes when started or shortly after.
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not installed, only .NET Framework 3.5. Due to a bug on Windows XP 64-bit the installer has to check for .NET Framework 3.5 to allow install instead of the required SP1, and assume it actually is .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 that is installed. Otherwise, installation on Windows XP 64-bit would always be rejected.
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and restart the machine.
Known issues (4.2.10x):
When configuring a newly installed client, Send a test report (Create/Submit Test Report) before configuring the Yield monitor. This avoids crash when settings are applied.
Please sign in to leave a comment.