Prepare for installation on local site
A WATS Local server installation in a production site might involve several parties. This article intends to describe various pitfalls and reduce the surprises to a minimum. The following parties should be involved in the process:
- WATS Project management (centrally)
- IT Operations centrally
- IT Operations locally
- Test management locally
For a successful and problem-free local site installation, it is important that everyone involved understands the process and that the necessary resources are available at the right time.
Infrastructure and Hardware requirements
- Server can be either physical server or virtual server if such environment is already in place.
- Physical placement of server on site is agreed with local IT
- Server hardware meets minimum requirements
Existing virtualization environment
- Available resources meets minimum requirements
- Server has internet access
- Clients can reach server on internal network
Connection to master server
- Communication strategy is verified, and agreed upon by all involved parties. Refer to Server Requirements for details.
- Backup infrastructure in place, or necessity of a local backup is waived.
- Operating System installed
- Operating system patched with latest patches
- Remote access software installed (TeamViewer 10) and set to autostart