WATS allow you to plug into NI TestStand with a seamless integration. By default, the WATS Client support from version 3.1 and greater running on Win XP, Win 7, Win 8/8.1 or Win 10.
Given that you use TestStand "out of the box"*, all you have to do is the following:
- Download and install the WATS client (Not a WATS user? sign up for a free trial at www.skywats.com)
- Install the WATS TestStand add-on from the WATS Client Configuration panel (ref. Installation Guide)
- Launch TestStand
- Open your client sequence file and click "Test UUTs". The UUT report should now log to the WATS server.
- Read the pdf documentation installed with the client.
* "Out of the box" meaning running default/built in process models, step types and data collection. WATS should automatically identify custom step types if they are based on the NI templates.
WATS utilize the plug-in structure introduces in TestStand version 2012 and running this version or higher will not require using the WATS Process Models.
If you are running custom models they can be modified to log to WATS. See Add WATS logging to your custom process model
Example below. The client will list the TestStand versions installed.