The WATS REST API is part of the WATS installation and can be used to retrieve collected information from and add data to WATS using standard web API methods. The API has endpoints available to:
- Query for WATS Reports (Test reports and Repair reports),
- Request the entire report in WSXF or WJSF format,
- Upload reports in WSXF or WJSF format,
- Query for various yield reports for analysis, for example worst yield, high volume, and volume yield,
- Query for, add, and update metadata and production data, for example products (part numbers), revisions, bill of materials, and assets.
The API results are returned in JSON format unless explicitly requested as XML.
Head over to the in-app documentation for more information about the available endpoints.
The PostMan app can be used for simplified test and debugging against the WATS API. You may also navigate to the API documentation and test the available endpoints directly in your browser.
All API requests must be authenticated using basic authentication. A special GetToken endpoint can be used to request a special machine account token that can be used in other api calls. You may also manage tokens from within the WATS Control Panel.
Refer to https://virinco.zendesk.com/entries/80833265-Authentication for details about authentication.
UUT History can be retrieved through the Report controller. This controller is located on the url:
The Query action supports odata query options for filtering and paging. Returns a page of most recent reports matching the specified filter. Default order is Start with oldest report first.
To retrieve a specific report, use the WSXF action with the report's unique identifier (Guid):