You can create a deployment package of TestStand using WATS in order to execute test projects on computers using TestStand Runtime. The following example describes best practice on how to set up the TestStand Deployment Utility with the WATS add-on. This example uses TestStand 2016.
Create TestStand deployment
Create a test sequence file similar to the one below.
In "Sequence File Properties" (Edit menu), set the Model Option to "Require Specific Model" and select Model File "WATS_SequentialModel.Seq" (optionally your custom process model as long as it includes the Engine Callback "SequenceFileLoad" from the WATS model).
Start the TestStand Deployment Utility (Tools menu).
- In "Mode" tab, select "Create new Full Deployment" option.
- In "System Source" tab, select "From Directory" and browse to the sequence file directory. (In this example, we use a single sequence file while your project may contain multiple files and folders. Optionally, you can also select "From TestStand Workspace File")
- Select "From TestStand Public Directories"
- In "Distributed Files" tab, select the following files and directories marked with green. Optionally, select the "TestExec.exe" (yellow) file to include a User Interface.
NOTE: It is recommend to split deployment of test projects and the TestStand system into 2 separate deployments. The TestStand system deployment should then include the Public Directory files (WATS_ReportLogger.seq, WATS_Models, WATS_ModelSupport).
UPDATE: Please also include the Components/Icons folder into the project.
- In "Installer Options" tab, add the proper values. If you chose to include a User Interface above, Select "Install TestStand Runtime". Open the "Drivers and Components" window and make sure you select the proper add-on's.
- Finally, click the "Build" button and check the "Build Status" tab for errors.
Install on target computer
- Run the TestStand Deployment installer you created above and follow the installer instructions.
- After you have installed the deployment, run the WATS Client installer. https://download.wats.com
- Configure the client with proper settings, Service address, etc. but DO NOT install the TestStand add-on as the needed files are included in the deployment as above.
- Open your test sequence file in the User Interface. If you haven’t specified your sequence file to use a required model (like this example), change the model settings as shown below
Run the sequence using Test UUTs. The UUT report should now be logged to WATS!